WHY MIMOS PILLOW ?
The Mimos® 3D Air Spacer Fabric
3D spacer fabric, the new revolutionary textile
The main properties of knitted spacer fabrics are:
- good distribution of pressure peaks. Millions of microfilaments act as miniatures pressure relieve springs.
- dispersion of air and moisture. Liquid and air pass through the upper surface and the microfilaments helps to transport liquid away, as well as allowing for the flow of air.
- easy washable and dryable.
- recyclable and non-poisonous.
Spacer fabric is soft and flexible
Why Mimos Pillow is Very Effective?
MIMOS PILLOW support baby’s soft skull during sleeping or when baby is laying on a hard or flat surface such as mattress or in a stroller. The pillow adapts to any head shape and therefore is not necessary to counter-rotate or reposition the head as usually recommended by doctors before the existence of MIMOSPILLOW.
As long as the head rests on the pillow cavity, the pressure spots are eliminated and the head can be round out.
MIMOS PILLOW redistributes the weight of baby’s head onto a bigger surface area therefore it will avoid constant high pressure spot that produce skull flattening over time.
- 400% more surface area of contact
- effective in reducing and redistributing pressure
- Head shape well preserved
Mapping of the surface area of contact between a 5 months old baby's head using Mimos pillow (picture left) and a standard mattress (picture right)
There is 400% more surface area of contact in the case of the Mimos baby pillow compared to a standard mattress. Mimos baby pillow effectively reduces pressure on the baby's head and it is good for prevention of flat head syndrome (positional plagiocephaly).
Mimos Pillow also effectively preserves the normal head shape (balloon demonstration). On the other hand the high pressure on the standard mattress produces flat spot.
MIMOS PILLOW the only medical baby pillow recommended by more than 1000 pediatric doctor, physiotherapist, neurosurgeon and midwife around the world